The Fine Arts Orchestral Society of Yonkers (FAOS) is a not-for-profit organization in its fify-second year. The organization sponsors the Yonkers Philharmonic Orchestra. We remain dedicated to the following goals:
- Providing free live symphonic concerts on Sunday afternoons to Yonkers and its neighboring communities.
- Exposing the audience to quality performance of classical music.
- Providing senior citizens and families with free recreational and cultural programs that otherwise would be inaccessible to them.
- Offering aspiring young musicians the educational opportunity to be an integral part of an orchestra whose members range from teenagers to octogenarians.
- Encouraging renowned musicians to serve as role models for younger musicians.
- Showcasing talented high-school soloists from all of Westchester County.
- Maintaining the cultural diversity of the orchestra.
- Introducing original compositions by area composers.
- Promoting music education and appreciation by providing the audience with program notes as well as verbal anecdotes by the conductor.
- Enhancing the quality of life of the audience and musicians.
Subscribe to our mailing list!Get information and notifications about our concerts - just enter your email address here. Never miss another YPO@Home event again!
FAOS – 2020 Best of Yonkers Awards
Purchase and Donate
Yonkers Philharmonic Orchestra is proud to be supported by ArtsWestchester and Westchester County Government.
ArtsWestchester Community Service Award
Established in 1965 as the Council for the Arts in Westchester, we are New York State’s largest private, not-for-profit service organization, working to ensure the availability and accessibility of the arts for all of the county’s residents. In 1975, we were named by Westchester County government as the County’s designated arts council and we became one of several united arts funds in the country, providing grants and technical support to cultural organizations and artist residencies in the community.
ArtsWestchester gave the Yonkers Philharmonic Orchestra an award for Community Service in 2012.
Westchester Community Foundation