2021 – 2022 Concert Season
Live Audience Concerts!!
Subject to pandemic restrictions
Yonkers Philharmonic Orchestra
Sponsored by the Fine Arts Orchestral Society (FAOS)
Summer Pops Concert
July 8, 2022 – 8pm
Hudson River Museum
511 Warburton Ave, Yonkers, NY 10701
Peter Szep – Guest conductor for this special evening
A concert for the Whole Family
Classical, Broadway, Patriotic and Jazz music
The Yonkers Philharmonic Ensemble celebrates Summer and the kickoff of the HRM concert season with selections chosen to appeal to the widest variety of music lovers. What better way to spend a summer evening than with a little bit of Bach, jazz, and show tunes? Throw in some dance music and you have the perfect sampler of music under the stars. It’s a smorgasbord of fun and entertainment with a taste for everyone.
- The Star Spangled Banner – Francis Scott Key
- What’s Up at the Symphony – a Medley arr. Jerry Brubaker
- Dance of the Hours from La Gioconda – Amilcare Ponchielli arr.Steven
- Rosenhaus Saturday Night Waltz from Rodeo – Aaron Copland
- Gershwin in Concert – George Gershwin arr. Chuck Sayre
- An American in Paris Suite – George Gershwin arr. John Whitney
- As Time Goes By – Herman Hupfeld arr. Calvin Custer
- The Nearness of You – Hoagy Carmichael & Ned Washington arr. Lennie Niehaus
- West Side Story – Leonard Bernstein
- Blue Tango – Leroy Anderson
- Cuban Holiday – Donald Phillips arr. Ronald Hammer
- Chicago – John Kander arr. Ted Ricketts
- Stars & Stripes Forever – John Philip Sousa
8th Annual Beethoven Festival
Date and Location To Be Announced
Subscribe to our mailing list!
- Get information and notifications about our concerts - just enter your email address here. Never miss another YPO event again!
FAOS – 2020 Best of Yonkers Awards
Purchase and Donate
Yonkers Philharmonic Orchestra is proud to be supported by ArtsWestchester and Westchester County Government.
ArtsWestchester Community Service Award
Established in 1965 as the Council for the Arts in Westchester, we are New York State’s largest private, not-for-profit service organization, working to ensure the availability and accessibility of the arts for all of the county’s residents. In 1975, we were named by Westchester County government as the County’s designated arts council and we became one of several united arts funds in the country, providing grants and technical support to cultural organizations and artist residencies in the community.
ArtsWestchester gave the Yonkers Philharmonic Orchestra an award for Community Service in 2012.
Westchester Community Foundation