The Yonkers Philharmonic Orchestra
44th Annual Young Artists Concerto Competition.
The 5 prize-winners will be presented as soloists with the Yonkers Philharmonic Orchestra, in our 3:00pm Sunday, May 7, 2023 Concerto Concert, in addition to receiving cash prizes ranging from $1,000 to $300. The concert will take place at the Saunders Trade & Technical High School Auditorium
Sunday, March 12 (Preliminary Round) and Wednesday, March 15 (Final Round)
ELIGIBILITY: High School Students (grades 9-12) who are residents of, and/or who study in, Westchester County.
- Audition performance time: approximately 15 minutes.
- Instrumental contestants should be prepared to perform a complete concerto of the standard orchestral repertoire*. All movements must be ready to be performed.
- Piano contestants may perform either the first and middle (slow) or the middle (slow) and final movements of a standard concerto or a single movement composition for piano and orchestra.
- Vocal contestants should be prepared to perform three (3) arias of contrasting styles (e.g. lively vs. sustained) from the standard oratorio or operatic repertoire.
- All applicants must be able to perform their selection(s) from memory.
- Contestants must provide their own accompanist.
(* In the event that Orchestra parts and conductor’s score are not publicly or otherwise readily available free of charge, prizewinner will be required to reimburse the orchestra’s music rental fee.)
REGISTRATION FEE: $50 (waived for students who are residents of the City of Yonkers)
Note: The Youth Concerto Competition registration fee is processed in PayPal as a Donation to FAOS, the sponsoring organization of the YPO.
Note: If you unable to access the link or the payment information, please email: [email protected]